Saturday 14 April 2012

Intimate Life...

For a photography project we had to look at photography as a form of contemporary art. This was based around Charlotte Cotton's book, 'The Photograph as Contemporary Art'. From reading this book into the different styles of art photography, I chose intimate life and based this around my Grandparents. My Granddad has genetic disorder, Macular Degeneration which has a horrible effect on his sight. This has caused him to almost completely lose his vision. For this project I wanted to display their relationship, my Granddads dependance on my Grandmother and his optimistic strive for independence. There are a lot more images to be updated with as I managed to get through 4 36 exposure films in 6/7 hours with them. These are the first few that have all been processed in the darkroom and then scanned to the computer. 




Images: Authors Own

No comments:

Post a Comment